Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Agreement
INTRANET/INTERNET/EQUIPMENT - San Jose Primary Student
I understand that the San Jose Primary provides electronic resources, including Internet access and storage space for students’ work, as an integral part of the curriculum. Behavior and language in the use of these resources should be consistent with classroom standards. I agree to the following responsibilities and restrictions:
- I will use the electronic resources, including storage space, only for educational purposes related to work in San Jose Primary, and not for any personal, commercial or illegal purposes.
- I will use the Internet only with the permission of the staff member in charge.
- I will not use games or other electronic resources that have objectionable content or that engage me in an inappropriate simulated activity.
- I will not give my password to any other user, nor attempt to learn or to use anyone else’s password, and I will not transmit my address or telephone number, or any personal or confidential information about myself or others.
- I will not upload, link, or embed an image of myself or others to unsecured, public sites without my teacher’s permission and a signed parental permission slip.
- I will not make statements or use the likeness of another person through website postings, email, instant messages, etc., that harass, intimidate, threaten, insult, libel or ridicule students, teachers, administrators or other staff members of the school community, make statements that are falsely attributed to others, or use language that is obscene.
- I will not attempt to access, upload, or transmit material that attacks ethnic, religious or racial groups, or material that is pornographic or explicitly sexual in nature.
- I will not violate copyright laws, damage or tamper with hardware or software, vandalize or destroy data, intrude upon, alter or destroy the files of another user, introduce or use computer “viruses,” attempt to gain access to restricted information or networks, or block, intercept or interfere with any email or electronic communications by teachers and administrators to parents, or others.
- I will not use, or create for others, any program to interfere with, change, or interact with programs, security settings, systems, or devices that are the property of San Jose Primary and are used for school-related purposes by students, their parents and staff.
- I will not imply, directly or indirectly, either publicly or privately that any program or “app” I create is associated with, or a product of, the San Jose Primary, nor will I either directly or indirectly associate any such program with any San Jose Schools logos or images.
- I will report any problems to the supervising staff member.
- I understand that my use of the school’s computers is not private, and that the school reserves the right to monitor use to assure compliance with these guidelines; violations may lead to revocation of computer access and/or other disciplinary measures.
- I understand that the prohibited conduct described above is also prohibited off campus when using private equipment if it has the effect of seriously interfering with the educational process, and that such off-campus violations may lead to disciplinary measures.
- I understand that in each classroom I may be assigned a numbered Chromebook. Any damage done is my responsibility and the appropriate costs will be paid for accordingly by myself or family. Failure to make just compensation may result in losing technology privileges and withholding of final transcripts.